Welcome to the A


Once again it is my honor to welcome all to Atlanta's Annual Black Pride Celebration. By the emails, phone calls, and online messages I see that this will be yet again a well attended event... and as a Georgia resident for yet a few more days we welcome you and your tax dollars to Hotlanta.

However on behalf of Shirley Franklin and the police chiefs of Fulton County PD, DeKalb County PD, and Atlanta City Police lets go over some ground rules:
  • Stealing from Lenox Mall will have you arrested and embarrased. A friend that manages a store there has already told me that some punk was arressted for trying to steal from Neimans this past weekend... and instead of the side door they took him right out the front entrance... what a gag.

  • Leave the Str8s alone. For some reason they often forget or want to pretend to forget that it is gay pride, then walk around the mall trying to figure out why the mall is gayer than usual. (if that is even possible)

  • When hanging out in Piedmont Park on Sunday.... please remember the park closes at dusk and there is no restroom or exit in the bushes behind the tennis courts.
I feel it is my duty to remind you again this year, on Monday (Tuesday if you just must) we ask that you pack your bags and take only what you brought with you or have receipts for and go home… Atlanta is currently at its homo resident limit and currently way over our traffic capacities, so no new residents at this time!!

But on the real tip enjoy your Labor Day weekend everyone whether you are here in ATL, Miami or wherever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so dumb lol

Soldier said...

funny is a better word lol

good luck, i know what it's like to be invaded by crazy people, it happens every year during the car racing season in Montreal

(sigh)

Anonymous said...

lol o wow not stealing a new fit

iii said...

Redd, You kill me with your quotes:

"as a Georgia resident for yet a few more days we welcome you and your tax dollars to Hotlanta."

And my fav:

"we ask that you pack your bags and take only what you brought with you or have receipts for and go home… Atlanta is currently at its homo resident limit."

You are a trip. LOL!!

Unknown said...

sounds like it's gonna be a blast... and everyone knows Hotlanta is the capital of redbone realness! Love it!

Mr. Jones said...

LMAOOOO...great post.

Rodney said...

I love it! After that last visit I vowed to never return during this holiday weekend. I OG'd (over-gay) and had to seek treatment when I got home. I still love the city and will return when the migratory birds are elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

I feel so silly. I read your blog from time to time. Over the Labor Day weekend I actually ran into you, but did not realize it until after the moment had passed. You were at Club Europe and we actually stood next to each other for a good second. While you looked familiar I could not recall where I recognized you from until when I got back home. I could have kicked myself. I would have loved the opportunity to shake your hand and let you know how much I enjoy your blog. Perhaps an opportunity will present itself when I visit DC. I wish you safe travels on your return. Be well.