5 Things I Will Miss About ATL: #2 Phipps Plaza

Directly across the street from the overpopulated Lenox Mall (thanks MARTA!!) is a less visited jewel to Atlanta... Phipps Plaza. Phipps sits less than a mile from my house and I can be found there a couple times a month.

Whether it is a Saturday afternoon and I want to catch a movie away from the masses... or a Sunday afternoon and I want to see what my favorite stores Theory, CoOp, and Sisley have in. I always feel I can shop or browse (which I do most often) without running into 100 homos and College Park's finest. It is a rare occasion when I can remember being in one of the stores with more than 8 other people at the same time.

Phipps was also the first time I got to see Janet Jackson, Faith and T.I. up close and personal. I will definitely miss my lil shopping haven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isnt this where TI had his LV party?

JayBee said...

I'm feeling you about Phipps. I visited the ATL last week and I decided to try it instead of Lenox. No crowds and not a whole lot of ghetto boos running around. (I assume that's what your reference to college park's finest meant). As a matter of fact I called a friend from the mall and said we have a new spot.

Do you actually stay in Buckhead? If so, suggest some affordable places where I can crash. I'm moving to the area next year.

Rodney said...

I love Phipps too... Lenox be damned!

Soldier said...

yay !!! Phipps Plaza, just like Bal harbour Shopping center in Miami, a little bit of heaven...

Quality is a good thing !