You Know Who I Miss...


Mya Wilkes...


When the show first started and Joan use to talk to herself in those little bubbles... I was turned off and I didn't start watching Girlfriends again until my girl Jill Scott start guest staring on the show.

But Mya with her 'hood' persona use to crack my shit up on the regular. Everything from the "O Hell NO!!" to the "O Hell Yes!!".. to the way she use to get Toni Childs together for being bourgeoisie ... Lynn for being a ho and Joan... well for being Joan.


Toni Childs: Maya, how'd you get so smart?

Maya Wilkes: Oh, girl, I'm an authoress. I gots to know stuff.

Toni Childs: I guess you don't "gots" to know grammar.

Maya Wilkes: At least I didn't miss my baby's first doctor's appointment!

Toni Childs: At least I didn't leave my baby on the bus!

Maya Wilkes: Bus *stop*! Get it right, bitch.


Hopefully Golden will land a job soon that can show off her comedic talents...

3 comments:

UrSoVain said...

Great show..

That Dude Right There said...

I'm with you on this one. Even though all my friends say i'm the Joan of our group, Mya was my favorite!

K.C. said...

God I miss that show! Mya was always my favorite of the group from the get-go ... Golden is extremely talented and I too hope she lands a show or movie soon ...

I think I'm more of a Joan (neurotic in my relationships) and Lynn (taking forever to figure out what I want out of life).