C. Baptiste-Williams at 7:49 AM Labels: random thoughts
1. This week marks the 18th annual Reel Affirmations, the nation's capitol LGBT film festival. Usually there are a few (very few) films geared toward African-Americans... unfortunately this year Finding Me starring Maurice Murrell and blogger, Derrick L. Briggs has been scheduled around the same time as Dreams Deffered: The Sakia Gunn Film Project. What to do... what to do...
2. So the gays are mostly all excited about Beyonce's two new projects that have come out this past week... I have only heard the one about the Ring on the Finger... didn't move me at all. I felt it was unoriginal and sounded like a couple of other songs on her B'day album. Thanks to Valentino I saw the video last night... loved it. Especially the part where she (her choreographer) incorporated J-setting into the routine. As much as I hate J-setting it was good that she was finally original about something... I can't see any other artist doing that.
3. Clay Cane has blogged about the lack of talent of some of today's artist compared to those of the past. Listening to the lyrics of Ring on the Finger and lot of other songs just made me randomly think of this.
4. So Bank of America has this feature called My Portfolio... not going to go into all the features but it allows you to be able to look at all your current credit card balances in one spot... lets just say I am more in debt that I first imagined. My April 1 deadline has just been pushed back to June 1.
5. Can someone tell the gas stations in DC that gas prices are falling????
6. Saw Eagle Eye this weekend... pretty good movie definitely enjoyed that. Looking forward to seeing the Secret Lives of Bees and W. this weekend. Anybody got a movie gift card to give me?!?!
7. As much as I disdain Elisabeth Hassleback on the View and her black and white point of view. I don't think I would watch anymore if she left to go to FOX news. I look forward to Joy and Whoopi giving her a wake up call each day and the occasional brilliant moments of Sherrie Shepard.
8. Is it November 4th yet?
9. There will be no ATL for me this upcoming MLK holiday... seeing that it falls on Inaugural weekend, seeing Obama sworn is a lot more important than a few overpriced parties in Atlanta.
10. To those who have emailed me... Thanks for the emails, I do read them all, respond to some that require it... and yes I will do an update on me, dating, and past dates you have read about here.