In One Month.... East meets West

So today marks one month till East Coast meets West Coast. The last time I was in LA, while the company was cool, my stay was just blah. But I am hoping this trip out will show me another side of LA and seeing that my bestfriend is moving there to finish his PhD... I may need to start liking it at least for awhile. So.....


While I know there are a lot of people East of the Mississippi that read the blog... I need my Californians to hit me up and give me some ideas of what to do while out in LA. What parties/clubs should I visit? Any shopping secret places I need to know about?

So far on the list is...

1. Breakfast at The Blvd

2. Dinner at Wolfgang's Cut

3. Lunch at the Ivy

But I need more suggestions, I would really like to leave LA with more pleasant thoughts than what I think of it now....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i am an avid reader and in LA so for partying i would suggest either visiting Mood or LAX. But the lines at LAX are sometimes ridiculous.

fuzzy said...

yea, you're out of my territory here! But have a great time in LA!

Darius T. Williams said...

I hear M&M Soul Food there is good. A chain called Claim Jumper has great drinks and desserts. AND, I don't know about you but I can't go to LA w/o stopping at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles - I typically go to the one in Long Beach.

Have fun sir!

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

thanks for those suggestions did Roscoe's before seemed to be all hype besides you can get chicken and waffles anywhere these days.

and i think i went to M&M soul food before to it was cool.

Soldier said...

Get some of that West coast " savoir vivre "... leave the East Coast at home.

Walk slowly around Santa Monica, check out the view from the Griffith Park observatory, get a drink @ Venice beach... y not calfinornian wine ? tea around 4 pm at the Beverly Hills Hotel... discover " the Hills ", Catalina Island, sunset on the sunset strip lol

where will you be staying ?

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

thanks soldier

ill be staying at the Beverly Wilshire on Rodeo

Anonymous said...

Well Mr. Beverly Wilshire on Rodeo, you have to stop by the Abbey on Wilshire and Robertson (I believe those are the cross streets) Sunday afternoon/evening. It is my favorite place in Southern California. There is so much to do other than the clubs. You will pretty much be in the area to be in if you want to see beautiful things and people. If I may suggest, how about hitting up The Grove (for shopping and getting your chill on) while you are there?

Mr. Jones said...

Go to The Abbey in West Hollywood. Based on what little I know about you, it's a place you'll like. The drinks alone make the trip worthwhile.