This Weekend...

What a weekend it was. My ace from California is in town for work and two conferences, since he left DC to go to Grad School I have really come to appreciate our friendship that we have shared for the past decade. While he has been here since Tuesday, Friday was the first night we decided to go out. Pitchfork or Halo?

We took our pitchforks to Halo. Halo is a bar in the Dupont/Logan Circle area which tends to cater to the Caucasian gay scene. And Halo totally epitomizes the separation of the races. On any Friday night when you walk into the bar, the first floor is filled with African-Americans and if you even decide to ascend the steps you see the second floor is filled with Caucasians... with just a few on each floor attempting to desegregate the bar. I typically do not drink Rail/Well drinks... however I was persuaded just to have one... that led to two. I then had a Cadillac Margarita (Patron and Grand Marnier... what a combo). And that my friend is the last thing I remember. There are a few sporadic memories of the evening but it wouldn't be until Saturday and Sunday that I would learn of my antics that evening. While an irresponsible person would blame it on the alcohol... I own up to everything I said to everyone, but ask them to just look at it as my opinion. I am sorry that someone took offense to me saying they had gained a lot of weight over the past year. But in all honesty they did... so own it or loose it. Hell its just my opinion and if it affects you that deeply... you have too high of a regard for me. But I must say I do not like being unaware of my actions... and I never intend to drink to that level or plan to do so in the future.

So the weekend continued Saturday with a lunch date with a rather interesting person that definitely keeps me on my toes. And ended with a house party at the house of an.... thinking of the right term to describe our history.... friend. The small and intimate party led me to have some interesting conversations with people that I have known for awhile. As well as getting eye daggers from their boyfriends and dates from across the room. Insecure homos drain me

Sunday became a lot more than what I expected. Me and my ace went to the 8am service at our church, Metropolitan and then to an early brunch at Creme. Two friends joined us and that began a very long but enjoyable day together. From brunch we went to the new Bloomingdale's and Barneys... then to my favorite latin restaurant Lauriol Plaza for margaritas and more food. One friend kept insisting that it was 2pm and we weren't cocktailed yet... of course none of us objected. But to me the highlight of the day was hanging out with two people I have known for awhile but never really spent a lot of time with and the conversations of life, love, and sex. At 830 when I finally laid across my couch exhausted and amazed that I had been out and about over 12 hours. But I laid there with a smile because I really had a great weekend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like a full weekend and yes honey u were quite full friday not lush falling over full but you could tell you were feeling it.

Anonymous said...

lol @ you have to high of a regard for me... u are sick!!

but you are right why does it bother them so much if u arent that important. me personally id pay it dust and say u were jealous.

Tre Thomas said...

who was lookin at you funny Saturday nite???

Mr. Jones said...

So, would you recommend Halo or no?

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

Halo is fine... pricey drinks I think and normal for DC hard to find parking.

life said...

insecure homos drain me"...lmbo. Why are you hurting ppl feelings? Darn it, my friends need to bring their butts up here.

Omar Ramon said...

sounds like a fulfilling weekend.

insecure people drain me period...ugh too much.


friendship does a body good.

Chet said...

Finally an almost perfect weekend.

Unknown said...

I really liked Lauriol Plaza when I was down in DC for training. I went there with some friends...Very nice! But, no one warned me about the Drag Queen race!...lol...It was so funny! Good Times.