Holidays in Atlanta

So with so much time on my hand and not as much money in my pocket I decided to drive down to Atlanta, instead of flying and renting a car once there. I couldn't find a flight for uner $350 and renting a car would have been at least another $120 for the week. So seeing I spent less than $200 on gas I think I came out ahead.

I spent a lot of time with my mom and extended family, Wednesday and Thursday. While the dinner wasn't all that great, talking to my grandfather's brother and sister and learning more about their parents and childhood was worth the 8.5 hour drive. I am not all that close to my family but it is so funny to sit back and watch how they share so many of the same characteristics and habits.

Thursday night was spent working and schmoozing at the Ryan Cameron Foundation's 16th Celebrity Bowling Challenge. So many of Atlanta's music and entertainment community came out to support and raise money for the foundation, I only wished I would have watched a good week of Rap City before going. The event went from 8pm until 3 in the morning... and as soon as I thought I was going to cut out early to meet my friends at the bar in comes ubersexy, music producer Polow the Don... which prompted me to stay a little longer. The YoungBloodz were there, as well as many others including Young Joc or Young Dro or some youngin. I really miss my RCF fam, we always have a good time when we are actually working the event.

On my way back to my cousin's house, I stopped by to visit with my boy, Mr. Valentino of ATL. Definitely good seeing him, even if I was forced to watch the Beyonce Experience (just joking). He is definitely one of the few friends I miss in Atlanta.

Friday, I totally avoided any store, mall, or shopping experience. Watching the madness on TV and experiencing it last year was more than enough for me. Besides the only thing I need is a new TV for my living room and I can't afford the 42" LCD right now so that will have to wait. Friday night my crew reunited for food, drinks and a lot of partying at the Palace. Aaaah fun times for sure... can't wait until the rest of the fam from Jersey and Baghdad reunite MLK weekend.





Saturday I hit it back up 85/95 north to avoid the traffic and get home to my own bed. I love visiting and traveling but there is nothing like going home... all in all good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw u guys on stage friday nite with the MC yall was having just a bit too much fun with that chunky boy bendin ova shaking his booty

@GaryTylone said...

yuck @ that damn pic...

That Dude Right There said...

See, I knew you couldn't leave Atlanta behind.

Darius T. Williams said...

You and Valentino...mmmm hmmm.

ShawnQt said...

I remember u and V, lol.
ur such a celebrity!

Chet said...

Pleased to hear that you had a good time during your visit to Atlanta. I am certain that you spent quality time with family and friends and even had the opportunity to get out and do the social thang. Yes it appears you saved a few dollars, now you can set that aside towards the purchase of the 42inch television you desire. Was Valentino pleased to see you? Palow the Don? Now that was a real treat.