April 18, 2006 will mark my 28th birthday. So in honor of that and to help you in your shopping, I thought I would give you 18 things that are on my wish list:
- New levees for New Orleans. The Washington Post reports, "The Bush administration said yesterday that the cost of rebuilding New Orleans's levees to federal standards has nearly tripled to $10 billion and that there may not be enough money to fully protect the entire region." Please keep in mind the cost of the Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction War is set to reach $251 billion today, March 31, 2006.
- A signed affidavit preventing future physical, verbal and mental abuse lawsuits for anyone taking employment from Naomi Campbell. AP reports "Naomi Campbell was charged with second-degree assault Thursday after allegedly bashing her housekeeper in the head with a phone in an altercation at her Park Avenue apartment."
- For Oprah to come back from hiatus. With the invention of DVR and Tivo... I hate reruns because I have already seen them.
- For Delta Airlines to get it together before I move back to Atlanta... or at least before my flight to LA next week. AP reports, "Almost 275 Delta Air Lines pilots marched through the world's busiest airport Thursday to vent their anger over the company's effort to throw out their contract so it can impose up to $325 million in long-term pay and benefit cuts. The pilots have said they will strike if their contract is voided."
- For the Washington Post and all DC news reports to stop making that damn baby Panda the cover story.... WE REALLY DO NOT CARE!!!
- Another DC thing... can someone explain to me the fascination with these damn Cherry Blossom trees. Must people come from all over the region and country to tie up traffic to see a damn tree blossom some pink flowers that will be all over my car and the road in a few days????
- An explanation on why I cry every time I fill up my Montero but yet Exxon Mobil Corp.'s $10.7 billion in earnings - the highest quarterly profit ever for a U.S. company.
- For Tyra to take a break from ANTM... Tyra maybe if you weren't trying to crown a new Top Model every season you could actually get a few contestants that may make it. I mean seriously how many people can name 3 of the past winners other than Eva Pigford???
- And since I am on reality shows... can someone please get rid of Randy and Paula on American Idol... Randy gives everyone the same critique and Paula... who even listens to her, I swear that ho is on something.
- AP reports that, "The city has agreed to pay $1.1 million in legal costs to the family of slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. because of police errors during a wrongful death case brought against the city and the LAPD." Beyond this on going case and P. Diddy releasing new BIG albums every other year... is just a bit of overkill. Can we let him rest for awhile so in a few years we can come back and be like damn he was HOT!!
- For someone to let Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) you can't pull out your weave, take off your congressional pin, and walk up into the US Capitol in a pair of sweatpants and expect a security guard to recognize who the hell you are.
- I would also like for the Vice President at my new job to realize I do not officially start until April 3rd... SO STOP FUCKING CALLING AND EMAILING ME!!
- I also want people to stop coming to me with their relationship problems. You allow your significant other to do dumb shit... then you want to cry and break up for 2 days... then you are back together only to repeat this nonsense of a circle in a few weeks or months. Stop the nonsense in the beginning... let that person know you are not going to deal with bullshit.
- Oh yeah one more DC thing... can someone please just lock Marion Berry up. NBC4 has reported, "A subdued, apologetic D.C. Council member Marion Barry was sentenced yesterday to three years of supervised probation for misdemeanor charges based on his failure to file income tax returns, as well as failing a a court-ordered drug test."
- And can someone explain to me why these ignorant people of Ward 8 (the majority black section of DC) keeps voting this ass into office??? And you wonder why they keep pushing the poor and black across the river.
- For my move to Atlanta to be over... not that it has been difficult but I just want it over.
- Hope for Whitney.
- For Bush to admit on his last day in office that he was an incompetent ass, that fooled the world, making him a lot smarter than people give him credit for.