Oh What a Weekend

Well as you read in the posting below I was back in DC this past weekend for the White Attire Affair and to hang out with my old friends.

The weekend started early on Thursday, with a jazz reception at the FoodBar DC to promote the weekend's White Attire Affair. After a few drinks, a little food, and even more drinks I ended up at the Bachelor's Mill for yet a few more drinks. Friday was spent running around the city seeing friends... finding out one is 2 months pregnant was the biggest shocker. A couple house parties that night led us to the Edge... for my final spin on the dancefloor before it is bulldozed and a former memory much like Traxx. (And thank you to my dance party for the weekend... seeing you was definitely a highlight for the weekend and you still owe me lunch!!)

Saturday was spent in the bed recovering... and the evening was spent with the crew at the 8th Annual White Attire Affair. Now this was my first time ever going even though I lived in DC for 7 years. Now as an event manager by trade, I of course saw somethings that were awfully wrong... such as no set dance floor in the General Admission area, not enough bars, too much light, and the acoustics were horrible for Rachelle who seemed to be in her own world while performing. And why was there only house and old school music in the VIP area... so not cool.

Sunday began with brunch and cocktails and cocktails and more cocktails at the Manderin Oriental.. then a cookout by Howard.. and yet another club... needless to say on the plane ride home on Monday and work today, I was not a happy camper. But I loved being back in DC and can't wait to get back this October.














11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah u were quite drunk sunday when i saw u.... poor lil liver

Anonymous said...

ok...i've got to know where you got your outfit lol..i've been hunting down a good all white outfit FOREVER

Anonymous said...

very nice pics sir. love the outfit. well would u sya as a event manager that the event was an success? And was it worth the price and hype? $65,$100, and $200

Anonymous said...

is that whitney mugler?

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

i believe the purpose of the event was to raise money for different AIDS charities in DC and to educate... seeing I don't know how much money they raised I cant comment on how succussful the event was... however I think they could have done a lil more on the education side other than that long boring program that not many heard.... i was fortunate to have a VIP ticket that I didn't have to pay for but the money is hopefully going to a good cause so yes it was worth it... and yes that is Whitney in the 7th pic

Anonymous said...

I actually saw you out Sunday night..had no idea you were so tall..well taller than me anyway.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice time. You looked nice also (judging by the pics).

Anonymous said...

hot pics u look nice in all white

Anonymous said...

can u still wear white ??

Anonymous said...

hell no he can't still wear white.. i don't know what the whorah was thinking. OOPS...did I say that? lol

Anonymous said...

very grown and sexy event I see...