Today, No Katie

Every since I was a freshman in college I started my days with Katie, Matt, Al and Ann... and now there is no more Katie. Today was the first morning I have woken up without her and she wasn't on assignment and she wasn't on vacation.

Her sincerity and chipper attitude reminded me of every one of my white female friends. Very personable and always asked the questions that I was thinking. I will never forget her on-air colonoscopy or her interview with the father and the brother of Columbine victims. Seeing her go through the death of her husband and sister, birth of her youngest daughter made here a lot more human than just a television personality. I remember last June while in NY, I was walking back to my hotel from the Lacoste store right up the street from NBC Studios when she and her sercurity walked right in front of me. In shock I screeched Katie, she turned and smiled, shook my hand and said hello before being whisked away.

Mornings will not be the same... but I guess neither will the Evening News...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

who da hell cares about that blonde ho...

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

well simpleton apparently i do since i wrote about it on MY blog.

Anonymous said...

now i see why u didnt get to work till close to 10am

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»