C. Baptiste-Williams at 11:14 AM Labels: random thoughts
1. Clash for Clunkers... Health reform... Supreme Court Justices... one thing I miss about not being in DC is the ability to tune all of this shit out sometimes. It is like virtually impossible to do so in DC.
2. I think people just need something to complain about... on Facebook a few months ago everyone was complaining that it was too cold and would summer ever arrive... now that it is summer these same loosers are complaining that its too hot. Like seriously get a grip and shut up.
3. Speaking of Facebook... why does everyone want to subject you to their Holy Roly rants and prophetic quotes. I mean seriously its Facebook not that serious.
4. It amazes me even when I try to keep to myself and keep my personal life quiet... certain people still find themselves discussing me... my life is rather boring so theirs must be even worse.
5. I finally got a chance to watch Soledad O'Brien's Black in America 2 this weekend. I think she did a great job of exposing yet another aspect of Black America... and has inspired me to want to go back to South Africa and do a mission trip.
6. GI Joe... wasn't a classic and by far wasn't perfect but I enjoyed every moment of it. Go Joe! Since it pulled in $56.2 million this opening weekend I think others agreed.
7. Less than a month to go to vacation part deux and I am sooo ready! South Beach, rum, and my bestfriends... love it!
8. I guess rooftop pools and bars are the hottest rage in DC this summer... The W, The Liason, The Donovan House, The Beacon... if you don't mention one in your FaceBook status message at least once a week you are so not cool.
9. I feel a mental health day coming on...
10. I lost way too much weight this spring and I don't have any pants that fit... I am trying my best to stay away from gaining some of this weight back the McDonalds way.