1. He is Barack Obama, the President elect, the 44th President of the United States... he is not the next messiah... he is not our saviour. This country, if not the entire world, must manage our expectations.
2. As soon as John McCain was announced as the Republican nominee, even when Hilary was still in the race, I knew then that Barack would win... but it wasn't until Tuesday night when I heard the news call the race that I could exhale.
3. Wasn't it amazing to see all of those people in Grant Park Tuesday night and the diversity of races and age. And then they cut to McCain's speech and all you see are lilly white faces. Now which one represents the America we live in now.
4. Who would have thought someone named Barack Hussein Obama, let alone a black man, would ever be President of the U.S.
5. Wasn't it amazing to see the news cut to places all over the world celebrating Barack's and America's achievement.
6. My annual trip to Atlanta for MLK weekend has been officially cancelled... No way I am missing Inaugural weekend this go around for some over priced circuit parties.
7. Interesting to see the first child named after Obama was born on election day. Sanjae Obama Fisher was born at 8 p.m. EST on Election Day at Hollywood's Memorial Regional Hospital to Patrick and Sasha Hall Fisher.
8. My hero on the election...
C. Baptiste-Williams at 7:23 AM Labels: politics, random thoughts